· Location is 14.4 miles north of Monticello along Hwy 191, 12.3 miles west along Hwy 211. (total mileage = 26.7 miles from Monticello)
· The monument is a giant wall of desert varnish over sand stone; the artwork is from various Native American tribes spanning over 2000 years.
· While designated a State Historic Monument, it is maintained by the BLM; open year round, there is no Visitor Center; vault toilets are open year round; no water is available.
· Camping – Not allowed; campground was forced to close down due to flooding.
· Pets are allowed at the site; they must be leashed at all times & owners are expected to pick up after their pet(s).
· Website: BLM – Monticello Field Office is located at 365 North Main (Hwy 191), Monticello
· Phone: (435) 587-1500
There is some hiking around this site.