Valley of the Gods is often referred to as a “miniature version of Monument Valley”, this area has a collection of formations, arches & ruin sites
• Location is 68.1 miles from Monticello; travel 50.7 miles along Hwy 191 until it changes to Hwy 163 west of Bluff, travel for 12.4 miles and make a right onto Valley of the Gods Rd (there will be an indication sign), travel 1.3 miles and turn left to continue.
• The road through Valley of the Gods is a 17 mile graded gravel & clay road; accessible to any type of passenger vehicle; it is best for car travel only during dry conditions.
• Open year round. Estimated time to visit: 2-4 hours.
• Admission: Free
• Camping: several camp sites along route, free, first come/first serve, NO campfires allowed.
• The Valley of the Gods Bed & Breakfast is located near the Route 261 access/exit.
• Pets - must be leashed at all times, owners are expected to pick up after their pet(s).
• Website: https://www.blm.gov/office/monticello-field-office BLM – Monticello Field Office is located at 365 North Main (Hwy 191), Monticello
• Phone: (435) 587-1500
Post a Comment