Bluff Fort Visitor Center/Museum/Historic Site
Bluff Fort Visitors Center resides in the rebuilt Bluff Co-op, while the reconstructed fort area itself gives historical insight to the trek of the Hole in the Rock Mormon Pioneers who traveled from Escalante and settled in Bluff in 1880. There are log cabins (narrations of settlers’ story featured in each), covered wagons, Navajo Hogan and much more to depict living a pioneer life.
· Location is 46.5 miles south along Hwy 191 from Monticello; in Bluff, make a right turn onto 5th East, at the corner, make a right turn onto Black Locust Ave., the parking area is in front of the Visitor Center on the right hand side of the street.
· The Fort is open year round and free to visitors; the Visitor Center is open year round, Mon-Sat, 9am – 4pm.
· Museum, gift shop & visitor information is inside the rebuilt Co-op. A bank robber, who misjudged how much dynamite would blow up the safe, blew up the original building in 1925.
· During the months of March – October, fresh baked cookies & brownies are offered for sale, as well as ice cream.
· Phone: (435) 672-9995
This is a nice rest stop, the employees are volunteers who dress up in period pieces, and you can't go wrong with a freshly baked cookie or brownie.
Enjoy the visit!