• Location is 43.9 miles from Monticello; take Hwy 191 south into and through Blanding, 24.6 miles, until the junction of State Hwy. 95, make a right onto Hwy. 95 and travel 19.3 miles.
• Make left turn onto dirt road that has a gate across it; open gate, close after passing through. Travel 4/10ths of a mile to reach a parking area with information board. Access to trailhead is 4/10ths of a mile further along a dirt and slickrock trail that can be hiked, or accessed by 4-wheel drive vehicles with high clearance only.
• Round trip walking distance to ruin sites is 1.6 miles; walking slickrock at canyon’s rim, granaries and pueblo ruins can be seen along the canyon’s ledges. Approximate visitation is 1-2 hours.
• Difficulty: Easy; there is a steep walk to tower ruin on right side of trail.
• Facilities: None
• Admission: Free
• Camping: Allowed, check informational board at parking area for locations.
• Pets: Allowed, owners are expected to clean up after pet (s).
Walking along the ledges, looking out at the Pueblo ruins, and the surrounding scenery, is mind blowing.