- Location #1: The entrance is 69.1 miles southwest of Monticello. Travel 24.6 miles south on Hwy 191, through Blanding, to State Hwy 95, make a right onto 95; travel 28.4 miles to the start of UT Hwy 261-S. Make a left onto 261, travel 16.1 miles to the downward start of the Moki Dugway.
- Location #2: The entrance is 83.8 miles south of Monticello. Travel 50.7 miles south on Hwy 191, through Blanding and Bluff; continue south on US Hwy 163 for 16.6 miles. Make a right turn onto UT Hwy 261, travel 16.6 miles to the upward start of the Moki Dugway.
- Travel Time: 1 hour for the entire length of Utah Highway 261.
- Difficulty: Easy, this is a maintained dirt/gravel roadway accessible by passenger car/van/4-wheel drive/mountain bikes/motorcycles/dirt bikes.
- Hiking: Caution recommended due to vehicular travelers.
- RVs/Large Trucks and Semis/Towing of Trailers NOT allowed due to overhangs, sharp turns, switchbacks and blind corners
- Admission: Free
- Facilities – None; nearest town is Mexican Hat (10.6 miles south) or Bluff (27.6 miles north).
- Camping – Not Allowed
- Pets – Must remain in vehicles
Personally, we enjoy going down the Moki Dugway as both driver and passengers can get access to the views. Coming up, passengers tend to get a view of the rock walls, while the driver is constantly looking upward at the roadway.